On July 8, 2011 at 6:44pm, we welcomed our little girl, Malin Marie into this world weighing 5lbs6oz.
I woke up several times Thursday night/Friday morning with a sensation of "leaking". I didn't think much of it until after my 3rd trip to the bath room I noticed fluid running down my leg. I yelled for Lucas from the bathroom but of course he didn't hear me. So, I made my way back to our room and casually said to him (just like the movies!), "Lucas, I think my water broke". I've never seen him get up so quickly.
After some googling to make sure that in fact my water did break and "what to pack in a hospital bag", we were off- myself on the way to labor and delivery and Lucas on his way to a different hospital to round. He figured by the time I got checked in and admitted, he'd be back (he was right, he arrived when I was just settling into my delivery room and getting my IV placed).
My labor went really well mainly because I respond "perfectly" according to my doc to pitocin. We were so blessed that the first doctor that I met with that I liked the best out of the practice was the doc on call and would likely be the one to deliver our baby (assuming he/she arrived by 11pm). Pretty much immediately after they started pitocin (8:30am), I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. by 1pm (5cm) I was ready for an epidural. I've heard that epidurals can often times slow things down a bit so Lucas actually asked me around 5pm if he should run out and grab food since it would be pretty late when I could eat. I was starting to feel a lot of pressure, so I asked him to just wait until the doc came into check me again. Sure enough, at 5:45 I was checked and was fully dialated, ready to push. After an hour of pushing, our little GIRL, Malin ("Maylynn") arrived.
Malin is such a calm baby and has rightfully earned the name peanut since she is quite petite. Her name is swedish and middle name is my grandmother's middle name.
We praise God for His faithfulness and perfect timing!

Yay for the update! I can't wait to meet Malin and see you guys again! Hoping for spring :)
ReplyDeleteI went through your archives to see when Malin's birthday is... can't believe how similar our birth stories are, AND, how close in age our girls are. They're only 10 days apart. Too bad we don't live closer! Are you doing anything fun for Malin's birthday? I just had some invitations made for Anna's ice cream social. It will be super casual in our backyard. :)
ReplyDelete