July 26, 2011
I never thought I would be meeting our baby before July 26. I always imagined being more of a 41-week type of girl. But, I am so thankful for the fact that Malin has been here for almost 3 weeks now. Plus, I never got to the point of being incredibly uncomfortable- instead, I will always remember being pregnant as such a great feeling. In fact, when I am out without Malin, I sometimes wish I was still pregnant (although I would never trade being pregnant for having Malin here now!).
Now I wonder if she had arrived now, what would she weigh, how long would she be? Would she be as alert as she is now? Malin has already experienced life outside of my body for 3 weeks and it is so apparent that she is soaking up all sorts of new things. She is starting to smile (probably not quite intentionally, but getting close!), she has found her voice. She knows when I am in the room since her mouth starts searching for food. And she knows that she prefers sleeping in someone's arms rather than in her swaddle.
God was so at work in bringing Malin into this world at the perfect time, in the perfect way. We thank Him for this gift!

No comments:
Post a Comment