Friday, August 19, 2011

6 weeks old



Malin, you are getting so big! I love seeing all your little rolls and your perfectly plump cheeks emerging.  Some days I don't think you are changing very much, but when I look back at pictures like these, I am shocked by how quickly you are growing.




Sleep has been on and off for us.  One night you'll do great and sleep 4-5 hrs (at least one stretch), but then the next you'll wake up every 2-3 hours.  I'm sure that as you get bigger this will change.

I think we've finally gotten the eating thing down.  You have become very efficient and usually only nurse for about 20-25 minutes now (quite a change from 45min-1hr in the beginning).  That also means more playtime for us before you go down for a nap.  You love your swing and especially love being on your tummy, especially on the bobby so that you can see out better.




Today you were fascinated by Bentley - and of course he is quite obsessed with you.  He becomes a little distressed when you cry, headed right over to your side to make sure you're alright.  Sometimes he sneaks in some face kisses which your momma does not love.  I think you'll two be good friends.

You are spoiled by so many people.  Your Mor Mor sends weekly packages and these fun shoes arrived last week from your cousin Scarlett.  She has a pair too so you two can be twins.


 I'm having so much fun dressing you, but honestly, you seem to prefer to be just in a diaper since it's been pretty hot lately.  When fall comes though, I know you'll appreciate it more.  We had two rainy days this week so we got to bundle you up.



Malin, I wish that you would be able to remember all of these early days and how quickly we fell in love with you.  Most of all I hope I never forget them either!








No comments:

Post a Comment