Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Drama Queen/King

Yesterday I had my first trip to labor and delivery. Nice, huh?  24 weeks 3 days.

Seems like we may be cooking up one of these...

Johnny Drama from Entourage


Just a plain old queen of drama














It all started on the weekend when I noticed that I never felt the babe move all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday.  I felt a little bit of movement Sunday evening, but not nearly with the same intensity that I have been, nor could it be triggered with my usual tricks (a glass of OJ etc). Noted, but wasn't overly concerned.

For the past two weeks, I have developed weird itchy patches that suddenly appear (mostly at night) and turn to a strange rash.  On Sunday night, I was itching so badly on my leg that it nearly started bleeding.  I begged for cortisone (which Lucas and I weren't sure was safe with pregnancy) and decided I would call the nurse Monday morning.

Cue a casual phone call to my nurse to discuss said itching and changes in movement...and five minutes later she called me back saying I needed to go to Labor and Delivery immediately.

Luckily Lucas was in class and was able to escape so he was actually at the hospital before I was.  Unlucky for us, the wait for triage was about 90 minutes, followed by sitting in a triage room for 45 min sans nurse, followed by being hooked up to the monitor for over an hour and waiting to be discharged...Yes, that's a total of 4 hrs that we spent at the lovely LLU L&D department.  And of course the babe began kicking up a storm the second they put the monitor on me.  And the rash?  Well, I have to keep an eye on it and make sure that it responds to cortisone (they believe that it may just be an allergy I am developing).  If not, they'll run some other tests to make sure my good old gallbladder is doing it's thing.

All that to say, we're all doing well.  Hoping not to have to set foot into labor and delivery again until sometime in July when we will be able to leave with a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment