Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome and a recap

The King's Musings...


 I've always wanted to blog. Lucas thinks it's a little weird and says he will only contribute minimally. I will give credit to Lucas for the title of our blog. Right now he's mocking me and verbally blogging everything that he is doing right now. So long story short, I'm hoping to become a consistent blogger, but I don't know if I have the full support that I was hoping for! 
Life is about to become a little more crazy than it already has been over, well, basically since we've been married.  Let's recap (mostly for my sake since I've never been a journaler and I know one day I will struggle to remember this).


July 11, 2008 We tie the knot after Lucas' first year of medical school.  We make the move to Loma Linda.
September 2008 We welcome Bentley King into our family and can't imagine life without our large snuggly Boxer
Spring 2009 was the Spring of never-ending studying.  I can not even count the number for hours Lucas spent studying for Step 1 (National Boards).  I do not have any photo evidence of this, but I do have receipts from Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Denny's (who studies at Denny's?)
Summer 2009 Vacations but back to school too fast for Lucas to start rotations
School year 2009-2010 Is a BLUR.  Lucas lives at the hospital.  Bentley and I become bonded for life through walks and trips to the dog park.


February 2010 I completed my first marathon (Pasadena) which meant that the months prior to this were filled with very long Saturday morning runs.

Summer 2010 Lucas transitions from 3rd year to the coveted 4th year, but soon learns it's not as relaxed as one would hope, especially if you're going into orthopedics.
September 2010 Lucas heads to a rotation in Georgetown (DC) and is hosted by the lovely Pastuseks.  I got to come out the last weekend he was there for a visit.
October-November 2010 Lucas and I spend 5 weeks in Colorado while he rotates at CU.
November 8, 2010 We learn that Baby King will arrive sometime in July 2011 while in Colorado.  
December 2010-January 2011 Lucas does his own type of marathon - interview marathon! He stops in at 11 different schools in California, Colorado, Ohio, New York, Tennessee, and Texas.  We find out March 17 where we're headed to!  Let's pray that he never made this face in an interview.



So my hopes for this blog is share with you the musings or day to day happenings in the King family.  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So happy to be part of your journey through life. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete